Official Newspaper of Eddy County since 1883

History of New Rockford: January 29, 2024

On Aug. 25, 1906, the founder of “The Transcript,” Joseph W. Hays, was in for a short visit; it was the first time he had been in New Rockford since he left in 1886.

On Sunday, Aug. 26, Phillips Academy principal L.J. Aldrich preached in Harvey; he returned on Aug. 28.

On Aug. 27, James Lahart came up from Jamestown to look after business interests. State Scale Inspector D.B. Wellman was in town g...