Official Newspaper of Eddy County since 1883

How to appeal Medicare surcharges when your income changes

Dear Savvy Senior,

Is there anything I can do to reduce my high Medicare premium surcharges? Because of my past income, I pay $329.70 per month for my Part B premium and $64.50/month for Part D, but my income has dropped since I retired. Do I have any options?

Overcharged Andy

Dear Andy,

If you’re getting hit with a higher premium for Medicare Part B and Part D and you think it’s unjustified, you...