Official Newspaper of Eddy County since 1883

History of New Rockford: December 26, 2022

 On August 22, 1905, Estelle Conklin left to visit friends and relatives at Oakes. Mrs. C.D.W. Lewis of Carrington sold 160 acres of land to F.S. Dunham west of New Rockford, land that adjoined that of Dunham.

 At 5 p.m. August 22, Mrs. W.T. Buck, hosted a dinner for ten of her friends. The rooms of her house were decorated with garden flowers and the table centerpiece was a large bowl of n...