Official Newspaper of Eddy County since 1883

Savvy Senior: Tax breaks for caregiver of elderly parents

Dear Savvy Senior,

Are there any tax breaks that you know of for family caregivers? I help financially support my 82-year-old mother and would like to find out if I can write any of these expenses off on my taxes.

Supplemental Sam

Dear Sam,

There are actually several tax credits and deductions available to adult children who help look after their aging parents or other relatives. Here are some opt...