3/19/20: CHI New Rockford Family Clinic to close for four weeks
March 16, 2020
Due to changes with the need to protect the community and providers against COVID-19 the New Rockford Family Clinic will be closed for approximately the next 4 weeks as CHI St. Alexius Health continues to assess the containment of COVID-19 in the counties they serve.
- CHI St. Alexius Health Carrington Medical Clinic and Urgent Care Clinic has set up a separate area to see patients with any respiratory symptoms.
- Please call 701-652-7217 for pre-screening prior to coming to the clinic in person to be seen.
- All patients presenting to the clinic for walk-in or scheduled appointments will be stopped at the door and screened for COVID-19 at which point patients will either enter the clinic or be directed to the respiratory clinic.
- CMC is following the CDC rigid guidelines prior to testing for COVID-19. Many patients do not meet that criteria and are not tested. Testing kits are limited and cannot be used unless those guidelines are met.
- If a patient requires testing, the patient will be asked to drive to the east parking lot and park in the area where the 4 orange cones are located. Laboratory staff will come to you dressed in personal protective equipment and perform and influenza nasal swab; if this swab is negative, another swab will be taken to test for COVID-19. Right now results take approximately 24 hours to receive. Patients will be asked to return home; stay in the home and will be called with results. Even if positive, the patient will be asked to stay in their home and practice social distancing or self quarantine for 14 days unless patient has increased difficulty breathing.
Thank you for understanding during this unique difficult time in the United States. We listen to frequent updates and all information is subject to change depending on the direction of the Centers for Disease Control, the North Dakota Department of Health, and Federal mandates directed by President Trump and State directives from Governor Burgum.
Stay home, wash your hands thoroughly with warm water, plenty of soap for 20 seconds and dry your hands thoroughly.