Archival Anecdotes: Going to the chapel

 

December 25, 2023

The Stavanger Church is now home to an extensive collection of wedding-related artifacts that date from 1879 to 1942. Three of the wedding dresses can be seen here. From left to right, these dresses were worn by Martha Simonson Veen in 1907, Fredricka Hahn Nuetzel in 1879 and Mrs. Karl Erickson in 1896. Courtesy photo.

Of the three buildings that comprise The Eddy County Museum, the Stavanger Church is our most recent addition. Originally constructed in 1909, Stavanger Church served the rural population near Cathay for more than 70 years. After it closed in July of 1983, the church arrived at its new home on the Eddy County Museum grounds on Oct. 20, 1984.

Many folks who visit the museum share a connection to...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

New Rockford 260x100
Foster County News 260x100
Turtle Mountain Guide
Lake Region Guide

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024