History of New Rockford: January 4, 2020
January 4, 2021
At 9 p.m. Oct. 2, 1903, the 15-man committee meeting at the Congregational Church selected the J.H. Hohl property west of town between Maxwell’s property and the city limits as the site for the new Academy. They purchased 100 acres running to the river with a 40-rod riverfront for $5,500.
On the morning of Oct. 3, Frank Reed was operating a circular saw in the Charles Culp carpentry shop when...