Rocket Restart: Athletics plan developed for NR-S
August 17, 2020
• Coaches will attempt to keep individuals and groups physically distanced from each other when applicable.
• Masks for coaches are recommended, but not required.
• Masks for athletes are recommended when applicable, but not required.
• Coaches should do everything they can to group athletes when applicable and keep these same groups for the whole season.
• Locker rooms may be used, but will be limited to 10 athletes in a locker room at a time.
• Encourage athletes to dress and shower at home if at all possible.
• Coaches are REQUIRED to keep a practice log every day for attendance. This will help with contact tracing, should it be necessary.
• Hand sanitizer will be made available for coaches and athletes.
• Coaches will be required to disinfect equipment at the conclusion of practice.
• Sharing of equipment will be discouraged as deemed appropriate by the coaches.
• Sharing of water bottles or towels is prohibited. Each athlete will be required to provide their own water bottle and towel.
• Any athlete or coach with a cough, fever, body aches, fatigue or any other COVID symptoms should stay home until symptom free.
• Any positive test by an athlete or a coach will follow protocol from the North Dakota Department of Health and/or Eddy County Public Health Unit.
• All game table officials will be provided a mask.
• Masks for fans will be recommended, but not required.
• Fans are recommended to physically distance themselves from each other.
• NFHS network will have all home games broadcasted and a majority of away games will be broadcasted. (It is recommended that fans utilize the NFHS network)
• Fans with a cough, fever, body aches, fatigue, any other COVID symptoms or underlying health conditions are encouraged not to attend contests.
• New Rockford-Sheyenne High Scholl administration will make all decisions regarding the cancellation of contests. This will be done in conjunction with Eddy County Public Health and North Dakota Department of Health
• The number of positive cases of COVID in our county/school/community as well as the number of cases in the opposing school and community will be taken into consideration regarding the playing of contests.
• The number of tickets for away trips will be determined by each school and the capacity they can hold.
• All riders on the bus will be required to wear a mask.
• Seats will be assigned and athletes will use that same seat for the season
School website: http://www.newrockford-sheyenne.k12.nd.us/
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/nrsschool.org
Our school has partnered with NFHS Network to allow our games to be viewed over the internet. To view sporting events, a membership and subscription must be purchased. People can buy monthly memberships or an annual membership. This is a great opportunity to safely watch youth play & perform.
There is also a mobile app available.
Click the link below to learn more and subscribe!